Pool Website
Pool Name: TheLegendOfAdamBanks
Password: district5

Thursday, October 6, 2011

IMPORTANT -Trading in the Pool

Hey everyone,

 Had a heated conversation with Ted yesterday at work.  He wanted to add trades to the pool.  I said it would make things more complicated.  He said I was being selfish and trying to cheat. I agreed.  Eventually I said I would be open to it on some conditions. Here is that story.



I created a diagram of the selection sheet to make things seem more professional:









Ted gave his stubborn opinion on why we needed trades:






I argued my side of the matter:







Ted started yelling and throwing punches. We called in Jason to explain it to him.





Jason didn't understand it.







Nor did he care all that much.







Eventually after filing a workplace incident report we came to a conclusion.




TRADE RULES:
-Sidney Crosby was a big part of the thinking behind these changes-so I will call it the Primeau rule.
- I have eliminated the "free-trade" rule, because I'm tired of Mexican's stealing good Canadian hockey pool jobs.
-There will be NO TRADES ALLOWED within the first 30 days of the season.  NO TRADES until NOVEMBER 6th.
-Trades will cost money. That money will be put into the pot and given to the winner of the pool -so if you are making a trade it better help your cause to win.
-Trades will cost $10 for the premium boxes (first box of each conference, first box of defence, starting goaltenders), every other box will cost $5. Please see the attached files below for more details (Hint: each box has a dollar value above it).
-You can only make THREE (3) trades total. NOT three in the east and three in the west, THREE TOTAL.
-Trades can only be made between November 6th and the NHL ALL-STAR game (I don't know the date of that yet...late January).
-Once you have made a trade in one box (example: Alfredsson for Weiss) that box becomes dead to you, and you CANNOT make another of your trades in that box (example: Weiss can't later be traded for Ovechkin). If you don't know what a box is then you shouldn't being worried about confusing trades.
-If you don't want to make a trade you don't have to.  Pick your team wisely and you should be fine.


Sorry, for the delay on this rule, but you've still got a few days before the deadline.  If you have any questions please let me know BEFORE Sunday.

Thanks,
-Tyler B.



Trade Values 1 Trade Values 2

1 comment:

  1. That is a great post Tyler. Thanks for clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete