Pool Website
Pool Name: TheLegendOfAdamBanks
Password: district5

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week Wrap Up

I'm going to try to keep updating this blog (unlike last year), and it will mainly just be my thoughts and observations from the week....and most likely it will only be me reading it....regardless, I will try to maintain some consistancy.


First week excitement, hopefully everyone has started to figure out how the scoring works and is somewhat happy with their teams.  It's a long season and you can get alot of points in one night, so don't worry if you're off to a slow start. You can always make three trades.

Big night from Bob on Saturday, jumping from 3rd to 1st with 62 points. He's pretty obsessed with the +/-, (it's a factor) but Gionta and Pacioretty really helped him out. 

Ted led the pool for most of the week, myself in second spot.  I'm not gonna say there were heated arguments at work, but if anyone asks, Ted fell down the stairs.

Paul was the only person to take Phil Kessel, and as much as I live and die for the Leafs....I don't know how much longer his pace can go on.  8 points in three games -he's on pace for well over 200 (Gretzky territory). I just finished a NHL12 season where Kessel scored 90 goals....so, what does that mean?  I'll take a great Maple Leaf performace instead of winning this pool, so go Kessel!

I was cursing myself all night Saturday night when I thought I didn't take Ryan Ted Nugent-Hopkins. Fuckin' hat trick....luckily I did take him.

Other big suprises, Joffrey Lupul (benefiting from Kessel), Legwand (for a team with no offense), and lower box selection Brian Bickell.

Dissapointments, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Iginla, Nash, and Crosby (dude can't even take a hit?)...but it's a long season and they should start producing soon.

All in all, its a week full of mystery, excitment and wonder as to when the former Thrashers will win their first game.

Thanks for playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment